We have successfully represented our clients in state court, federal court and on appeal. Our attorneys have obtained numerous six-figure and seven-figure results for our injured clients.
Please see below for a representative sampling of our past cases:
- Confidential settlement for multiple victims of sexual molestation perpetrated by a teacher’s aide.
- Confidential settlement for a young woman sexually molested by a medical provider. The medical provider tried to cover up the assault as legitimate medical care.
- $1.9 million personal injury recovery for a man in his 50s who suffered serious injury in a fall on an unsafe staircase.
- $1.3 million class action verdict for students against HSU for deteriorated housing conditions during construction on dormitories.
- $1.1 million personal injury recovery for victim of a motor vehicle collision. The defense initially contended there was no insurance coverage.
- $1.0 million personal injury recovery for the parent of a child killed in a nighttime pedestrian versus vehicle collision.
- Confidential settlement for two victims of sexual harassment, failure to prevent sexual harassment, illegal retaliatory action and wrongful termination.
- Successful defense of Lassen County utility district board members against charges brought by the local district attorney for removal from office.
- Successful defense of a city council person in an action brought by the district attorney for removal from office.
- Defended the County of Humboldt against challenges to the Housing Element of the County General Plan.
- Represented the County of Humboldt in property acquisition/condemnation actions for the property used for jail expansion and earmarked for a new county administration building.
- Successful defense of a local petroleum distributor on criminal anti-trust charges.
- Successful defense of a local police chief against manslaughter charges arising from command of the SWAT unit.
- Successful settlement of federal lawsuit filed against the County of Humboldt alleging mistreatment of an inmate by Humboldt County correctional officers.
- Successful defense of class action lawsuit filed by members the Eel River Sawmills, Inc., employee stock ownership program against Eel River Sawmills, Inc.. Case settled after summary judgment motion filed on behalf of the client corporation was granted.
- Successful settlement for retired Klamath-Trinity School District teachers seeking enforcement of a contract providing for district paid healthcare after retirement.
What Others Say
I struggle in putting this down in words because they seem so inadequate in trying to express the depth of my gratitude for what Benjamin Mainzer has done for me. He was my voice, my champion, my confidante, and my advocate. From the moment I first met Benjamin Mainzer he was straight-forward, personable, compassionate, and professional. Sexual assault is not an easy topic and when I first came into his office, still traumatized by what had happened to me, it was difficult for me to even talk about it out loud. Ben took my case seriously and handled it with grace and dignity. He never flinched, never sugar-coated anything, and was with me every step of the way. Ben was always willing to take my calls, to address my concerns, or to sit down with me and help me understand measures we were taking to move forward with the case. Ben stood up for me and aided me in taking on my assailant. He helped me through the hardest time of my life and though I was terrified, I always knew I could count on him. Benjamin Mainzer is not only an outstanding lawyer, the kind of lawyer you want fighting on your side, he is also a remarkable human being. It is with the highest praise that I recommend him to anyone in need of superb representation.
Blue Lake, CA